Friday, June 29, 2012

The beauty and the beast mythology

(This post originally appeared in Carly Fall's blog. See link below.) 

DEEP BLUE, my recently released erotica novella, is an erotic and paranormal twist to the classic Beauty and the Beast story. In my story, the hero is cursed to live under the sea as a half man, half sea monster, unless he can find his true love. He has 100 years to find her, or he’ll live the rest of his life in the deep blue. Alone. When the story opens, he has just three days left, so he’s a bit desperate.

When you think Beauty and the Beast, you think of the Disney movie, don’t you? No, it’s not a trick question. That’s what I think of, too. But the beauty and the beast story dates back to mythology in the second century.

You can read the rest of the post here.

2 comments:

  1. I read a book on screenwriting, Lew Hunter I believe, who wrote that there are no new stories. True, perhaps. But there are many interpretations. I remember another quote that all stories are love stories.
    Sounds like you've got a fascinating twist on an old tale ... and much older than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. Yeah, I didn't realize how old the mythology was either. I guess I figured Walt Disney came up with it, LOL.

      Delete