Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dipping my toes in the indie waters, Part 2

If you want to read the first installment of my little series about my foray into self-publishing, please go here.

Okay. It's been about two weeks since I got my rights back to my short erotic romance. I honestly thought it would be uploaded and "out there" by now. I was so naive. Sigh.

Here's what I've done so far. I have a sexy new cover. Check this out!

Isn't it gorgeous? And hot? Thanks to the fabulous Tamra Westberry for designing the perfect cover for a reasonable price. Her turn-around time was quick, too. I highly recommend her.

I rewrote the blurb, changing it just a bit from the original.

Midnight Treat blurb:

Josh Panetti breaks into an apartment Halloween night, thinking he’s fulfilling the sexual fantasy of a woman he met at a costume party. Instead, he’s broken into Cassie Snow’s apartment. Cassie realizes immediately his mistake—she’d seen him at the party with her sexy upstairs neighbor. She should tell him he has the wrong apartment and the wrong girl.

But she’s always the wrong girl. Would it be so terrible to be the right girl for just one night?

*****

But now, the hard part. Formatting. Again, my naive little mind thought I'd read an article or two about how to format, then I'd take a couple of hours and format my story, and voila, it would be done.

Yeah. In my dreams.

Considering that I'm a techno-dork, I have a steep learning curve. I'm reading a series about ebook formatting at Author E.M.S. (a great resource for authors, by the way), and this blog post by Cameron Chapman. I don't know yet if I'll learn all the answers here, but I'll keep you posted.

Damn. I hope the next time you hear from me, it's to give you the buy links to my newly uploaded story.



4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. My first try out there was with a freebie for my readers and there was so much to do. So much to learn. If you ever need help holler my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Savannah! How did you learn to format? What was the first thing you did? I don't even know where to start. Maybe I just need to do it and learn as I go.

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you are interested but the Indie Book Collective has a formatting class that is pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Maryellen! I'll check it out if I can't figure it out ASAP. I hadn't heard of the Indie Book Collective. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete